Treatment of infectious diseases caused by microorganisms susceptible to the drug:
- Infection of the urinary tract;
- Pelvic infection (including adnexitis, prostatitis);
- Infections of the lower respiratory tract;
- Infections of upper respiratory tract (including chronic sinusitis, severe otitis externa);
- Severe bacterial infections of the gastrointestinal tract (including salmonella, typhoid fever);
- Infection of the liver and biliary tract;
- Infection of the abdominal cavity (intraabdominal abscesses, peritonitis);
- Infections of the bones, joints and connective tissue (including osteomyelitis);
- Infections of skin and soft tissues (including caused by staphylococci resistant to penicillin);
- Meningeal infection;
- Bacterial endocarditis;
Used as monotherapy or in combination with other antimicrobial drugs.
The drug is effective in preventing infections in immunocompromised patients.