Disturbances of digestive enzymes of the abdomen; after stomach small intestine operations, the functional enhanced intestinal passage.
Mode of action:
Compensates for the lack of preparation of exocrine pancreatic function .
Included in the enzymes pancreatin, lipase , amylase and protease facilitate the digestion of fats , carbohydrates and proteins , which makes them more complete absorption in the small intestine.
Indications for use of the drug Mezim ® FORTE:
- Insufficiency of exocrine pancreatic function (chronic pancreatitis , cystic fibrosis , etc.);
- Chronic inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the stomach , intestines , liver , gall bladder;
- State after resection or irradiation of these organs , accompanied by violations of digestion, flatulence , diarrhea ( combination therapy) ;
- To improve food digestion in patients with normal function of the gastrointestinal tract in case of errors in the diet ;
- Preparation for X-ray and ultrasound of the abdomen.
The dose is determined individually , depending on the degree of indigestion .
Adults: 1-2 tablets before eating, chewing and with no water. If necessary, additional meals still take 1-4 tablets
Children: by doctor.
The duration of treatment may vary from a few days (in violation of the digestive system due to errors in the diet ) to a few months or years (if required constant replacement therapy ) .
Allergic reactions , diarrhea or constipation, nausea , discomfort in the epigastric region .
With prolonged use at high doses may develop hyperuricosuria , increased levels of uric acid in the blood plasma.
In rare cases, patients with cystic fibrosis , stricture formation is observed in the ileocecal region after administration of high doses .
Contraindications to the use of the drug mezim ® FORTE:
- Acute pancreatitis ;
- Exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis ;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Use of the drug mezim FORTE ® during pregnancy and breast-feeding:
Security applications pancreatin during pregnancy is not well understood . Application is possible in cases where the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
With the simultaneous use of pancreatin with iron supplementation may reduce the absorption of the latter. Simultaneous use of antacids containing calcium carbonate and / or magnesium hydroxide , can reduce the effectiveness of pancreatin.
Conditions and terms:
Store at temperatures not exceeding 30 ° C. Keep out of reach of children! Shelf life - 3 years.
Do not use after the expiration date.