Mode of action:
Polioksidoniy - agent with immunomodulating and disintoxicational property. Increases the body's resistance to various infectious diseases. Under its action activated killer cells and phagocytic function of blood. Increases production of antibodies. It is able to normalize the immune status with severe immunodeficiency including secondary immunodeficiency due to damage by ionizing radiation, hormone therapy, and cytostatic agents, after the operation, severe trauma, burns, and malignant neoplasms. Reduces the toxicity of drugs and various toxic substances, improving the stability of cell membranes to the cytotoxic action of these substances. Polioksidoniy not mutagenic, allergenic, teratogenic and carcinogenic. Polyoxidony most effectively operates in conjunction with conventional therapy of disease.
Indications for use:
- Polioksidoniy used in conjunction with the primary therapy for the treatment of chronic recurrent infections, poorly amenable to conventional treatment;
- Acute and chronic bacterial and viral diseases;
chronic allergic diseases such as bronchial asthma, eczema, atopic dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, hay fever complicated by a bacterial infection;
- Local and generalized purulent-septic diseases, postoperative complications in surgical patients;
- Polioksidoniy applied after radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the treatment of patients with cancer;
- To reduce the toxic effects on the kidneys and liver of drugs;
- To activate the regenerative processes in fractures, burns, venous ulcers;
- With the combination therapy of rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis;
- Tuberculosis of various locations;
- Acute and chronic infections of the genitourinary system, for both men and women (prostatitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis, endometriosis, salpingoophoritis, ectopia, erosion, leukoplakia and dysplasia of the cervix, viral diseases);
- HIV infection;
In children older than six months as part of primary therapy Polioksdony used in these diseases:
- Chronic and acute infectious disease caused by a viral, bacterial or fungal pathogens;
- Acute and chronic allergic diseases, complicated by a bacterial infection (atopic dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, eczema, asthma);
- Intestinal dysbiosis.
How to use:
Adult polioksidony applied intramuscularly and intravenously at 6-12 grams, once daily, every other day, or 1-2 times per week depending on the severity of the disease and ethology of the patient. For intramuscular administration the vial or ampoule is dissolved in 2-3 ml distilled water or isotonic sodium chloride solution. Solution for injection polioksidoniya not be stored. For intravenous drip of the contents of the vial or ampoule is dissolved in 3.2 ml saline. isotonic solution or dextran solution and introduced aseptically in an appropriate volume of 200-400 ml vial.
In acute infectious diseases, together with the main Polioksidoniy antibiotic therapy is indicated for intramuscular or intravenous administration of 6 mg 1 time a day the first three days, followed by 6 mg 1 time a day, every 24 hours for 5-10 injections for the full course of treatment . In chronic diseases to 6 mg every 24 hours 5 injections, then 2 times a week for a course of 10 injections. When TB infection to 6 mg twice a week, 10-20 injections polioksidonija for the full course of treatment. In malignant tumors before and after chemotherapy polioksidonija to 12 mg a day, a full course of treatment is 10 injections.
Vaginally polioksidony used together with the main treatment for diseases of the urogenital system 1 suppository (12 mg) 1 times a day for 3 days, then every 24 hours. A full course of treatment - 10 suppositories. Inserted deep into the vagina in the supine position. After the introduction is recommended not to stand for 1 hour, so they should be used at night.
In acute infectious diseases, children, the drug is injected intramuscularly or intravenously at 0.1-0.15 mg/1kg weight of the child one time a day, every 12 hours. For the full course of treatment - 5-7 injections (dose for chronic diseases do not change, but the drug is applied 2 times a week). Also, children can be given poliksidony sublingual or intranasal (in each nostril, 3-5 drops once a day). This requires polioksidoniya 3 g dissolved in 1 ml of distilled water. Acute allergic conditions polioksidony administered intravenously at 0.1 g per 1 kg of body weight, with antihistamines.
Polioksidoniy usually well tolerated, but sometimes there is pain on intramuscular injection in the injection site. Also, it is very rare hypersensitivity to the drug.
Polioksidoniy not recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation.
Interactions with other drugs:
Polioksidoniy well with antibacterial, antiviral, anti-allergic and anti-fungal drugs, as with corticosteroids, bronchodilators, cytostatics.
Cases of overdose have not been described.
Dried mass in vials or ampoules for solution for injection.
Polioksidoniy suppositories of 10. in the package.
Keep out of reach of children at temperature from 4 to 15 degrees Celsius.
The solution for nasal and sublingual stored in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration must not be stored.
1 vial or ampoule contains the drug - polioksidonija 3 or 6 mg.
1 suppository drug contains - polioksidonija 3 mg, 6 mg or 12 mg.
Secondary immunodeficita; combined treatment of prostatitis; urethritis, chronic pyelonephritis.
Package of 5 viales 6 mg per one.